Monday 24 September 2012

Weddings & I !!!


Whenever I get the "you are cordially invited to" card, my smile is super broad when it has an "X weds Y". Weddings!!! I just love the sound of it, has a romantic air, calls for celebrations, brings lots of people together and simply births good things!

People look their best at weddings than any other occasion. Why? The question should actually be, why not? I mean, that's a gathering of people with generational gaps... You get to see people you haven't seen in ages. On such occasions I wear my one-in-a-million-you've-never-seen-it outfit so I can make a grand entry in confidence, *don't shake your head at me*, it's the truth!

The essence of weddings centers on two people. Couples take months to prepare for their wedding day, what they will wear, decorations, what the people will eat (the couple never really eat), video coverage and photography.

At Belle, we are interested in the planning that goes into the preparation for your big day. In today's books, people no longer want to get involved in the nitty gritty, too much stress involved. The bride is also our focal point, I mean girls always imagine that they would look like fairy tale princesses on their wedding days. I'm amazed when I see some brides looking like they just stepped out of Michael Jackson's Ghost video - very pathetic.

This sounds lame but I have to say it anyway - it is very important that a bride is detailed in her dressing, all eyes are on you! You need to avoid any fatal makeup blunders on your wedding day! Your wedding is so not the time for trial and errors. Comm'n generations yet unborn will know how you looked on that special day of yours. With the explosion of technology in our time, a click button will download your pictures and videos. Well, you either get *washed* by your grandchildren or praised  - I want to be seen as a fabulous grandma oh, no dulling!

In Africa we like celebration sha oh, instead of a one-day ceremony we have two or three days before we let the couple "leave & cleave". Hmm... we go from the Registry to the Traditional and round it off with the Religious. Nevertheless, it is expected that on all these days the bride looks outstanding. We will give a few tips for each of the special days. For this post - Registry.

Registry
The registry ceremony is attended by close relations as a result it is often belittled. Your appearance is important on that day too. Makeup and outfit should be "simply classic". I think the norm is for people to wear misfitted corporate wears for the occasion or an after-thought native attire, that is so wrong. You need to plan for the registry. We like to do dresses for our brides - simple ones with light makeup to enhance the look. Semi-corporate attires would be a good bet. You could have a dress mixed with African prints. What people do with African prints these days ehn, you will be surprised. I think you should see pictures now so we are not speaking from imaginations. Our models are ready for the registry, see for yourself...









My darlings, we will continue this gist in our next post. 

Best Regards,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment